Orthopaedic Advocacy Week
AAOS members amplified year-long advocacy efforts during Orthopaedic Advocacy Week May 24-28, 2021. Each day of the first-ever completely virtual event utilized a tactic in AAOS' advocacy strategy toolbox for shaping healthcare policy and delivering critical messages to lawmakers on key issues (see below). Registrants received daily communications throughout the event with related activities and opportunities to advocate for access to the very best orthopaedic care!
- Monday, May 24: Growing Support with Grassroots
- Tuesday, May 25: Amplify with Social Media
- Wednesday, May 26: Shaping Policy through Rulemaking
- Thursday, May 27: Virtual Capitol Hill Day with Lawmakers
- Friday, May 28: Get Invested with Orthopaedic PAC
What We Advocated For
During Orthopaedic Advocacy Week, orthopaedic surgeons focued their conversation and asks of lawmakers on the following issues. Learn more and help AAOS amplify its position via the Advocacy Action Center.