Health and Safety Resources
Your safety is our priority. We are working diligently with location partners to ensure all necessary safety measures are in place and we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our attendees, exhibitors, and team members. Proof of vaccination is required to participate. See details below.
AAOS is following best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will abide by the legal mandates from the state of Illinois at the time of the event. The health and safety measure here will be updated as planning for AAOS in-person CME Courses continues.
Note: AAOS updates health and safety requirements on a regular basis. Compliance for all requirements is mandatory regardless of when the requirements are implemented.
About the Venue: OLC Education & Conference Center
The OLC Education and Conference Center is committed to a high standard for infection control and prevention and has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation. Learn more on the Venue tab.
Planning for Change
While much has changed in the world around us, what has not changed is AAOS’ commitment to the health and safety of our members, exhibitors, and industry partners. Here’s what we’re doing at-a-glance for a handshake-free meeting to protect your health and peace of mind so you can focus on getting down to business.
- Vaccine Verification: Attendees are required to show proof of vaccination when checking in on-site. A person’s vaccination card or picture of the card qualifies as proof of vaccination. Those without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to participate.
- Masks: To attend the meeting in person, attendees and exhibitors are required to wear masks while in the meeting space. If you cannot wear a mask, for medical reasons, you will be required to wear a face shield in lieu of a mask.
- Physical Distancing: Event attendees should expect physical distancing in session rooms, the lab, and throughout the event space in accordance with local and venue regulations.
- Cleaning: Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. All high-touch areas will be placed on a visible continual cleaning and disinfecting routine during event hours and overnight.
- Food and Beverage: Food and beverage will be provided in a no-contact way.