Directors: Ronald Delanois, MD and Gregory Golladay, MD
Course Location: Vista Labs
1030 N. Charles St. 4th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
AAHKS/The Hip Society/The Knee Society members are eligible to receive the special AAOS member price. This offer is exclusively available by contacting AAOS Customer Service at 1-800-626-6726
NOTE: Limited to orthopaedic residents in a North American residency programs.
Residents – Expand your surgical skills for hip and knee arthroplasty!
Build your surgical skills leading to proficiency at hip and knee arthroplasty in this interactive skills course designed exclusively for orthopaedic residents! Spend the majority of your time practicing bone cuts, correcting ligament balancing for TKA, determining correct implant sizing and restoring biomechanics in THA, and more!
Work on anatomical specimens under the guidance of expert faculty. Panel discussions and faculty-led small group interactions round out your skills lab experience.
Course highlights include:
· Preoperative planning and templating for hip and knee arthroplasty procedures
· The rationale behind and the surgical skills needed to:
o Reproduce leg lengths in THA
o Optimize hip stability during THA
o Soft tissue releases to achieve balance in TKA
o Obtain correct alignment and implant position in TKA
· Discussions on practice management
· Perioperative protocols and pain management
· Diagnosis and treatment of peri-prosthetic infection
· Identify the surgical anatomy as it relates to arthroplasty of the hip and knee
· Combine clinical and radiographic information in pre-operative templating of hip and knee Arthroplasty
· Practice exposure of the hip and knee with a variety of approaches
· Formulate strategies for intraoperative decision-making for releasing contractures, maximizing motion and retaining stability of the Arthroplasty
· Manage and avoid postoperative complications following arthroplasty
Please note that this course has the following registrant cancellation policy:
Days Prior to Course Start Date
14 to 8 days
7 days or less