AAOS/POSNA Pediatric Sports and Trauma: Leading Edge Surgical Techniques and Innovations
OLC Education and Conference Center
9400 W Higgins Rd Ste 100
Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
June 30, 2018
Last Refund Date:
June 28, 2018
Course Directors: Theodore Ganley, MD and Phillip L. Wilson, MD
"Bring your PA for a unique opportunity to work together and strengthen your performance as a team! PAs can attend lectures, view surgical demonstrations, and observe in the lab. Please note: PAs must register with an orthopaedic surgeon by calling AAOS Customer Service at 1-800-626-6726 and providing the name of the surgeon that is registered for the course."
Be prepared for the challenges you face when treating children and adolescents with trauma and sports injuries!
Children and adolescents with sports and trauma injuries require special diagnostic and treatment skills due to their uniquely growing skeleton. Gain hands-on training for sports injuries including ACL tears, shoulder instability, and patellofemoral problems. Learn to manage difficult traumatic injuries with minimally invasive methods.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Assess patients with pediatric sports injuries and formulate a treatment plan
• Become facile in minimally invasive and arthroscopic methods to treat common sports related joint injuries in the pediatric athlete.
• Manage surgical complications in pediatric sports injuries and learn how to avoid them.
• Indicate appropriate methods of treatment (with a focus on minimally invasive methods) in pediatric fractures and dislocations.
• Learn methods to reduce and stabilize fractures of long bones and articular fracture/dislocations in children and adolescents.