Affiliate and Alumni Meetings
AAOS welcomes groups at the 2020 Annual Meeting to request meeting space in the various hotels near the Orange County Convention Center. We have seen an increase in the number of meetings and events that overlap educational sessions during the meeting. The Academy is supportive of these meetings and events as they add value to the overall event. Starting with the 2015 meeting, the Annual Meeting Committee implemented guidelines to reduce the amount of time that larger meetings and gatherings overlap with educational sessions to make both more successful for the participants. This process may mean that there is a slight adjustment in your proposed meeting or event time, or day and we appreciate your cooperation in working with us to provide a better experience for our members, your participants and all attendees.
Guidelines for Affiliate and Alumni groups interested in conducting meetings over educational sessions:
- Meetings are limited to Board, Committee and/or Luncheons
- Breakfast meetings must end by 8:00am
- Luncheons must be held between 11:30am – 2:30pm
- Receptions must begin after 6:00 PM on Tuesday or 5:00 PM Wednesday thru Friday
- No meetings during the Academy's Business Meeting, Thursday, 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Charging a registration fee or selling tickets to your meeting/event is prohibited
- Offering CME credit, apart from events on Specialty Day, is prohibited
- Titling meetings "Annual Meeting or Educational Conferences/Seminars/Workshops” is prohibited
- Any solicitation, sponsorship(s), or industry events is prohibited
- If a vendor is required for your event, an official AAOS Vendor Partner must be used
- Meeting space must be for at least 10 individuals
Journals and publication meetings are not exempt from these guidelines and their meetings/events should be scheduled outside of educational sessions. We are asking all groups to schedule meetings outside educational sessions whenever possible. Meeting dates and time may be limited due to space availability and concentration of meetings.
Meeting space is assigned in the order received. Limit (1) one event per form.
Hotel may require a Food & Beverage Minimum, Room Rental or other type of fee.
Exhibitor Event & Meeting Space
Any exhibitor planning on holding an event or function that will take place outside of their exhibit booth space during the AAOS Annual Meeting must secure written approval from AAOS. Meeting space will only be assigned to companies exhibiting at the 2020 Annual Meeting. Meeting rooms reserved by AAOS require a 10-person minimum.
Meetings that include AAOS Annual Meeting medical attendees
Monday, March 23: All Day
Tuesday, March 24: 6:00 - 7:30 AM; 6:00 PM - Evening
Wednesday, March 25 - Saturday, March 28: 6:00 - 7:30 AM; 5:00 PM - Evening
Do not begin registration or travel to the event earlier than the designated times above.
These guidelines have been developed to ensure exhibitors do not schedule meeting or event that conflict with AAOS Scientific Programming at the AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting.