From August 15 to 29, AAOS members across the U.S. have the unique opportunity to serve as advocates in their own communities. During this two-week, first of its kind event, orthopaedic surgeons will meet with members of Congress in their district and regional offices to advocate for access to the very best orthopaedic care on behalf of their patients and the profession.
How to Get Involved
- The first step is connecting with your state orthopaedic society or Board of Councilors (BOC) representative(s). These groups have been hard at work laying the foundation for the event including scheduling congressional meetings and political fundraisers for you to host or join.
- Then in the weeks and months ahead, look out for more information and materials from your coordinators to assist you in preparing for the event. Having one strong orthopaedic voice will be key to our success.
- When you meet with your member(s) of Congress, be sure to share your experience on social media and help amplify the message! A debrief will follow with each of your teams to assess where we made progress with our goals.
Key Dates and Events
- Educational Webinars
- Date TBD: How to schedule a meeting with a member of Congress
- Date TBD: How to host a political fundraiser
- August 15-29: In-district meetings
- August 22: Virtual Symposia