The AAOS created the Congressional Bipartisanship Award to honor Members of Congress who consistently work in a bipartisan manner to positively advance policy related to musculoskeletal care.
All AAOS Fellows are eligible to nominate individuals for the award. Criteria for award consideration include that the nominee embody the five principles of bipartisanship:
- Demonstrates strong ability to compromise and collaborate with those in the opposing political party.
- Has worked across the aisle on issues related to musculoskeletal physicians, patients and care.
- Embodies the qualities and characteristics of bipartisan cooperation and comradery.
- Puts the duty of their office above partisan politics.
- Is a leader in working productively with all viewpoints, parties, and policy positions to advance healthcare policy.
To nominate a Member of Congress for the AAOS Bipartisanship Award, simply submit a nomination form. Nominations are being accepted through Friday, September 17, 2021 and nominees will be confirmed shortly after.