Saturday Morning Live Webcast: AAOS/ASES Latarjet and Other Instability Procedures
8:10 AM - 10:15 AM CT
Webinar Directors: Jay D. Keener, MD & Robert Z. Tashjian, MD
Expand your knowledge in the management of latarjet procedures from the convenience of your home or office! Gain front-row access to lectures and surgical demonstrations occurring in real-time at the OLC Education & Conference Center in Rosemont, IL. The latarjet procedure has gained wide acceptance as a preferred stabilization surgery; however, complications exist and technical pearls to optimize outcomes and minimix complications are important.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Identify the surgical indications and contraindications for the Latarjet procedure
• Determine the biomechanical rationale and mechanisms of stability augmentation of the Latarjet procedure
• Evaluate the options for the management of the subscapularis and options for graft placement for the Latarjet procedure
• Recognize the theoretical benefits and basic surgical technique of the arthroscopic Latarjet procedure
• Identify the proper surgical indications for open anterior soft tissue stabilization of the shoulder.
• Recognize the variable surgical management options for the subscapularis and anterior capsular shift when performing an open soft tissue shoulder stabilization.