Course Directors: Bryan D. Den Hartog, MD and J. Chris Coetzee, MD
Orthopaedic foot and ankle treatment is quickly evolving and the training you received as little as five years ago is different from what is being taught today. This exciting, hands-on surgical skills course led by the top surgeons in the field will bring you up to speed on current best practices for the top 15-20 most prevalently performed minimal incision, reconstructive, and trauma procedures that improve patient results. Learn how treatment methods have evolved over the past decade, gain hands-on experience with new equipment, and master state-of-the-art techniques to position yourself as an expert in this field.
Message from the directors:
Course highlights include:
New this year! Over 20 Hours of Content
– Lengthening procedures for calf tightness including gastrocnemius slide and Achilles lengthening
– Sinus tarsi approach to calcaneus fractures
– Subtle acute and chronic syndesmosis injuries
– New techniques for chronic ankle instability
– Bridge plating for Lisfranc’s injuries
– Reimbursement for treatment of ingrown toenails is very high. Potentially increase your office revenue with little need for equipment or personnel by performing this procedure. Learn it here!
– Point-counterpoint presentations and debates present nonbiased treatment perspectives and approaches
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
· Evaluate patients with gastroc-soleus tightness and define the indications for treatment and perform the newest techniques for lengthening
· Gain competence in the anatomy and mechanical rationale for tendon transfers around the foot and ankle to re-establish the normal dynamic muscle balance
· Compare and contrast the myriad of surgical treatments for bunion deformities
· Perform “simple” but common in-office procedures and learn how to maximize reimbursement
Who should take this course?
Orthopaedic surgeons who perform a moderate amount of foot and ankle procedures who need to strengthen their skills and fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeons who need to stay current in the field.
At the conclusion of the course, all attendees will receive TWO free ebooks - valued over $150
1. Total Ankle Arthroplasty
2. ICL 65 - Foot and Ankle Section